Thursday, September 29, 2011

Mommy School... Buying Supplies

I took my husband to the airport this morning at 4:00 am.
He is flying to Texas to meet up with his sister and they are driving a moving van back to Washington State to move their grandparents up here (that's the plan anyway... his grandpa is currently in the hospital in Texas).

The Little Guy was not in a good mood.... being woken up so early for a 1.5 trek to and from the airport kind of did him in for the day....
so Mommy decided it was a good day to head out of the house in search of 
Mommy School supplies!
(If I want to start this in October I need to get going here!)

I didn't want to spend much money, so I headed to the local Dollar Store and Target.
We are going to start with the H is for Halloween unit. We're going to focus mostly on the pumpkin activities... and maybe some of the bats. I'm not sure he'd even understand about ghosts or anything like that at this point.


For $12 we picked up some crayons, pompoms and stickers for crafts, google eyes and spiders for sensory boxes, foam pumpkins, orange paper plates and crepe paper streamers. The most expensive thing was the crayons!

I also found a few things for some of the other units -

A package each of foam turkeys and leaves for 
And a DIY turkey placemat for the Thanksgiving unit coming up in November.
Each from the Target $1 bins.

Now I just have to sit down and figure out what else I want to do and pick up some paint and a stamp pad and stuff to make play-dough and sugar cookies - actually figure out what I'm going to do - oh wait, did I say that already? =)

(There is a possibility that I may think this is more fun than he does!)

No comments: