Friday, September 10, 2010

Twighters

Contrary to what some people think, I'm really not one of those Twihard people. I read the books and I really enjoyed them and I like the movies (except the first one, which was kinda stupid). I introduced the books to my in-laws... mmm... apparently a mistake. My mother-in-laws and sister-in-law because HUGE FANS. They've been to every midnight showing of the movies, read the books multiple times and my SIL even went to the local mall when the guy who plays Carisle Cullen (look! I don't even know his real name!) did an apperence there.

Well, we are unfortunate enough to live within driving distance of Forks. The little logging town where the author based her books. It's kind of amazing... less than 10 years ago Forks was a dying town. People did not stop there unless they had too. Now people go on pilgramiges to visit it! Weird!

Anyway... they wanted to go last year for Bella's birthday weekend (Forks puts on a weekend fest, so I went along... dragging my six-month old baby with me because I was breastfeeding and couldn't very well leave him behind at that stage. Poor guy. It's like a 3 hour drive one way from Olympia to Forks. Here are a few photos from our trip:



So I figured that was it right? I mean, there wasn't that much left to do. But oh, no. We are going again. Tomorrow - and not just for the day - we are going OVERNIGHT! This year, thankfully, I my Little Guy is staying at my mom and dad's and won't have to be dragged with us. I'm not sure I'm going to survive this trip. haha

Wish me luck.

No comments: