Friday, June 8, 2012

37 Weeks! Ack!

Three weeks to go! I cannot believe how fast these last few weeks are flying by!


I am down to 4 shifts left in the ER at work before I move back down to my new position in the Family Birth Center once again. I am super excited about this move because A) less co-worker drama B) I'm only losing 2 hours a week, but working 1 less day a week (will be working two 10-hour days) C) getting away from all the CRAZIES that come into the ER and D) easy access to the state-of-the-art lactation room at the hospital for after baby. Not that I won't miss a few people, but I'm sure I can find some time to visit.


I don't feel like I've accomplished much this week in baby-prep other than my lovely freezer meals - which I am pretty proud of. =)


Tonight I am having some friends over for a pre-baby craft night. Hopefully I will get in some good knitting time and visiting time with friends before this baby arrives. I've also been trying to get a lot of reading time in! I have a feeling I won't get to do much reading of my own for awhile.


37 Week Stats
Weight gain:
I'm holding steady at 147lbs this week - which is still 22lbs. This would be the first visit I haven't gained anything. AND I'm pretty sure I was inching close to 160lbs by this time with Malachi. I FEEL giant though. haha
Baby Size:
My doctor didn't measure me this time around... hm.... I didn't really notice until after I left. We just listened to the heartbeat and we were discussing VBACs and my C-Section date. I guess we were distracted. =)
Pregnancy Annoyances:
I've taken to sleeping with a couple Tylenol beside my bed because at about 4am I can't sleep for my back hurting so much. This is WITH my wonderful pregnancy pillow I sleep with.
Itchy skin. I cannot believe how much my stomach itches. I don't remember this happening so much last time. AND I'm so much smaller this time around - shouldn't my skin be able to stretch this far without itching!?
Other thoughts:
I got my C-Section rescheduled for June 26th. I am really not feeling like I'm going to have this baby early though... I just have this feeling like I'm going to make it to that date. In any case, I'm happy to let this little one bake in the oven for a week longer regardless.
My doctor and I talked about my chances for a successful VBAC. It seems that although about 70% of women who attempt a VBAC are successful, that percentage is lower for women who had a C-Section because their baby did not descend... which is why I had one. I guess it's a good thing I'm not determined to do it one way or the other. I feel like what happens will happen. As long as we're all healthy I'm okay with it. =)


No comments: