Saturday, June 26, 2010

Easy Crock-Pot Recipe

Worked the night shift on Thursday night and feeling kinda out of it yesterday and today. Let's just say a toddler doesn't allow for adaquate napping when you come home and have been up all night. So... I thought I'd share a quick, easy and yummy recipe. I actually haven't made it in awhile and now I'm thinking I'll put it on the menu for next week!

I served it with mashed potatos and a frozen peas. My mom likes to make it with egg noodles. Enjoy!

Sour Cream Pork Chops
Total time: 8 hr 20 min Serves: 6

Ingredients:
6 pork chops (1 1/2 inch thick)
salt
ground pepper
garlic powder to taste
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 large onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick
2 cubes chicken bouillon
2 cups boiling water
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream

Preparation:
1.Season pork chops with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and then dredge in 1/2 cup flour.
2.In a skillet over medium heat, lightly brown chops in a small amount of oil.
3.Place chops in slow cooker, and top with onion slices.
4.Dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water and pour over chops.
5.Cover, and cook on Low 7 to 8 hours.
6.Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
7.After the chops have cooked, transfer chops to the oven to keep warm. Be careful, the chops are so tender they will fall apart.
8.In a small bowl, blend 2 tablespoons flour with the sour cream; mix into meat juices. Turn slow cooker to High for 15 to 30 minutes, or until sauce is slightly thickened.
9.Serve sauce over pork chops.

2 comments:

Liz said...

sounds yummy - with three little ones, I adore any recipe I don't have to physically stand over to cook. That's when all chaos happens! Thanks for posting :)

Sarah said...

Sounds good! I sooo need to get a crock pot!

I have an award for you on my blog :)
http://barefootprairie.blogspot.com/2010/06/my-first-award.html