Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Recipe: Four Bean Casserole

I haven't posted a good recipe in a while, so I thought I'd share today.

Today I'm making a dish that I've only made one other time, but the Big Guy and Little Guy both liked it, so we are having it again! (If you know me very well, you know I like to try out recipes, and then rarely go back and make it again... even if we liked it - don't ask - I don't know why.)

Anyway... I found this recipe on CheapCooking.com, which is a site that I've decided I love. Not only are the recipes "cheap" to make, but they are all yummy so far. All the leftovers from the few recipes I've tried there have gotten eaten up - and for having a husband who doesn't like leftovers... that's something.

I like this one because you can bake it in the oven or use your Crock-Pot. I use the Crock-Pot because I LOVE my Crock-Pot. But either way, I'm sure it's good. My notes are in italics.

Four Bean Casserole

1 15-oz can pork and beans (undrained)
1 15-oz can kidney beans, drained (I use low-sodium kind)
1 15-oz can lima beans, drained
1 15-0z can butter beans, drained
1/2 pound bacon (optional) I've also used 1/2 lb of sausage or cubed ham
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated

Mix all the ingrediants together. Bake covered at 350 for 2 1/2 hours or in a crockpot on low for 5 hours.




No comments: