Saturday, October 11, 2014

Projects, Cleaning and Pinterest

I have been making an attempt to actually use some of my Pinterest pins. There are SO many - does anyone else ever feel overwhelmed by the gazillions of ideas out there? Truth is, I could probably live to a hundred and not use all my pins, but that doesn't seem to keep me from finding more!

One I decided a couple months ago that I was going to do was to make a pumpkin out of canning rings for Fall. Check! Done!

Cute right? This one is sitting next to my TV in the living room, but I made another one with the wide mouth lids for my dining room table. LOVE!

On a more unpleasant note, I ended up with an unexpected day off from work today. Malachi got sick last night.... very sick... several times. Very strange because there was no fever and he seemed almost normal today, but last night was not fun. I  washed A LOT of laundry today, sheets, mattress covers (he started in my bed and moved to his own.....) pillow cases, pajamas... you get the picture. So I decided to hunt down one of my pins buried in a Cleaning/Household Ideas board for washing pillows (I had two different methods pinned, of course, so I picked the simplest one). Amazing!

This is seriously TMI, but I couldn't believe the difference. The original blogger suggested doing this every 2-3 months - I just might had to attempt that after seeing these results. These are my pillows.

Kind of incredible the difference right? I'm looking forward to sleeping on these pillows tonight. Malachi's got done today too, but I'm going to do my husband's and any other pillows I can find sometime this week.

And lastly... I have about a MILLION recipes pinned. Many, many of them are pumpkin related. I could obviously make these any time of the year, but for some reason I can only do it when it's cold outside. =) Tonight I made these copycat Starbucks pumpkin scones....

Granted, mine do not have the yummy frosting on them yet (although that was also provided in the recipe), but they are still super yummy. I think if I make them again (or I should say when) I will definitely put more spices than called for in them, but other than that they definitely satisfied my pumpkin craving for the day. 

I felt like a accomplished a lot today AND marked a few things off my Pinterest To-Do list as well!


No comments: