Thursday, June 3, 2010

This and That

I can't seem to settle down to anything today. Got up early and took the Little Guy for a haircut at the children's hair salon in town. I have to say... it's worth the $16 bucks to have someone else cut the squirmy kid's hair. I'm sure it would look VERY interesting if I tried it. I was always one of those little girls with the interesting bangs... the kind where you KNOW their mommy cut them. =)

Then we came home and I tackled the stack of dishes in the sink... there were so many that they wouldn't all fit in the dishwasher (ahh... FlyLady... how I've failed in my "shining my sink"...). Then I read my Alice's Adventures in Wonderland for a few minutes and now I'm dinking around online! I have a whole list of thing I could or should be doing, but just can't settle down to any of it.

I'm thinking that when the Little Guy wakes up we might take a walk... here in the Pacific NW it's been horribly wet and soggy for days and days and it looks like the sun has FINALLY decided to arrive, so I better take advantage of it.

Yesterday, I was actually doing something productive and sewing on some new soft baby blocks when the Little Guy whacked the machine with one of his blocks and from then on the thread just jammed up when I tried to sew. SOOO.. frustrating! I tried and tried to get it fixed and could not. Finally I had to have my mom come over and apparently it just needed the needle changed or something. Obviously I'm not a sewing machine whiz... I basically know how to wind my bobbin, thread the machine and change my stich and that's about it. I've never even used the button holer, although that is on my list of things to learn this summer.
One-Yard Wonders: 101 Sewing Fabric Projects; Look How Much You Can Make with Just One Yard of Fabric!
I also got a cute new book from the library called One-Yard Wonders that I'm pretty excited about working through some the patterns. I'm a small project sort of girl.

Sooo.... I'm not sure what we're going to do with the rest of our day... do you ever have days like that? So much to do, but you don't feel like doing any of it. I think it's probably because I have to work tomorrow and I'm kinda bummed about it.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Lol, I tried Fly Lady for like a week but never got to shining my sink, so I never did anything else! And her handy reminder emails wouldn't come through...following ya from MBC, maybe I'll have better luck following you! twirlsncurls.blogspot.com