Saturday, July 31, 2010

Indecision

The past couple weeks, I've been having a serious problem. I don't think there is a cure for it exactly, but I'm hoping it will run its course and I can get back to normal. Here is my dilemma:

I have a bunch of really good books on my list to read and I am having a hard time focusing in on one at a time. I am also really wanting to start Emma over again because I started it quite a while ago and then got kind of lost in the middle.

I have several knitting projects I want to work on. I really want to work on some new hats and baby washcloths for my Etsy shop, since it's looking a little bare lately. I also have a neat project for myself to work on from KnitPicks. I got a kit for a knitted market tote bag and I'm super excited to try it out (actually my mom bought it for me!)

Blogging! I feel like I really want to explore some of the community options out there like Blog Frog and other like it, but I just haven't been able to devote the time!

So... there it is. When I DO have free time (umm... like when I'm at work) I almost can't decide if I want to read my super good book Jane Austen Ruined My Life by Beth Pattillo (I'm only halfway through, but I totally recommend it!) or knit on something in my bag.
And when I'm at home I feel torn between blogging, reading, knitting and not doing any other those things because when I'm at home I really want to be playing with my Little Guy!

Frustration! People who do not have children really do not understand how much free time they have. Because even though I stay at home 4-5 days a week, most of that time I am not able to do anything that I used to really enjoy - no more spending an entire day reading a really good book with a cup of tea. Does anyone else feel like they kind of lose a little bit of themselves when they have a baby - not that he's not worth it. =)

Okay... that's just my little rambling for the day and some thoughts that have been running around in my head for the last week or so. I'm sure I'll get around to everything eventually!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there! I just found you on this Friendly Friday Follow. ;) I haven't done it before, so it's new to me! I read a few posts of yours and decided to follow... hoping to get time to read more soon!

sara said...

i remember free time...i think. i certainly miss reading, it's a passion, but since Pie arrived on the scene it has disappeared.