Sunday, August 8, 2010

Camping - Toddler friendly food ideas?

Next weekend we are going camping! I'm excited and a little nervous! We aren't going too far away from home, but I'm expecting the Little Guy to be putting everything in his mouth - he loves putting rocks in his mouh right now - and yes, we are sleeping in a tent - with our two dogs and toddler.

Anyway... I'm trying to decide what to bring for food. Last year when we went camping he was only about 4 months old, so we didn't have to worry too much about what we brought to eat. We usually eat chili one night or hamburgers or baked potatos and stuff like that, but I'm wondering if that's such a great idea this year. We will be there for 2 nights, so we are going to have 2 dinners, 2 lunches and 2 breakfasts.

Anyone have any suggestions of good toddler friendly camping foods? I think we're going to keep it simple for lunches and just do sandwiches and I'm going to do some pancakes and eggs one morning and possibly egg/sausage muffins the other. I'm mostly stumped on dinner.

No comments: