Tuesday, August 17, 2010

ecoSTORE USA Review

About a month ago I was contacted by Maggie, a representative of ecoSTORE USA and asked if I'd be interested in doing a review of two of their products. I checked out their products online and was interested in what I saw and agreed.

Being a mom and being married to someone with sensitive skin, I was especially interested in their laundry and skincare products. ecoSTORE USA's tagline "no nasty chemicals" means it's good for your body (and skin!) and according to their website, it is "the foundation of their product line and philosophy". ecoSTORE USA is an extension of a 20 year old New Zealand company that makes plant based, non-toxic household cleaning, baby and personal care products.

On to the product reviews:

My first product I received was a Lemongrass Bar Soap. Cost is $4.00 for an 80g bar. This bar was approximately 2x4". My husband's skin is very sensitive to any kind of dyes or fragrances in soaps, lotions, etc. so I was very excited to try out this soap. We used ours in the shower everyday. It probably lasted us a couple weeks (but I tend to think we go through any kind of soap kind of quickly in the shower). It has a nice lemongrass scent. It is made from vegetable oils and my husband did not have any weird or bad reactions to the soap. It was nice being able to use a soap with a fragrance without worrying about him breaking out.

The only thing I felt lacked a little was the lathering. This soap did have some lather, but I just happen to prefer a rich, creamy lather and this soap didn't quite have that. Not a deal breaker though. Overall this was a wonderful soap and I really appreciated the fact  that there were no chemicals going onto our skin.

My next product for review was the Laundry Liquid. Cost is $11.00 for a 32oz bottle. I am really loving this laundry detergent! This 32oz bottle does approximately 27 loads of laundry. I started out keeping track, but ended up losing track after awhile. I have been using it pretty consistently for about 3 weeks now and there is some left. See that tiny little white cap down there? The green cap comes from my regular detergent from the grocery store. The white cap is from the ecoSTORE laundry liquid and that's how much liquid you use for a whole load! Amazing! My laundry comes out clean and fresh. There is a slight scent when it comes out of the wash (the eucalyptus oil maybe?), but it seems to completely fade after being in the dryer or drying on the line. And even if it didn't fade out, it's a nice sweet smell.

Once again, we usually buy dye-free, fragrance-free laundry detergents  or I make my own because of my husband's sensitive skin, but there was no issues with this detergent. I washed our sheets, clothes and towels with no reactions. This laundry liquid uses all plant-based ingredients, which is good for sensitive skins - or anyones skin for that matter.

I highly recommend you check out this site. ecoSTORE USA has products for your pets, baby, household cleaners, bath and body and even hair products - all without chemicals. Also, they offer free shipping on orders of $25 or more.

You can follow ecoSTORE USA on:
Facebook
Twitter

Disclosure: I was provided with these two products from ecoSTORE USA at no cost in order to test the products. The review presented here is 100% my honest opinion.

No comments: