Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Pen-to-Paper Challege

I have chosen to participate in the Pen-to-Paper Challenge as part of being a Pearista with  Pear Tree Greetings.

The Challenge:
To write a hand-written note once a week for the next 4 weeks. Pear Tree Greetings has generously given each of us who has accepted 4 notecards with envelopes along with a second card and envelope to pass along to your recipient.


They have also asked us to blog about our experience. It's rare these days to go to your mailbox and find a hand-written note isn't it? And if you do, it's probably to a baby shower or a wedding or something. Think about the last time you received something like that in the mail?

Week One:
For my first card, I chose a sweet lady who works on a volunteer basis at our church in a position that should be paid. She has chosen to do it as a volunteer. I used to work as the assistant to the children's pastor at our church and she worked alongside me. She runs all the classes for children in the nursery-twos. That may not seem like much, but we have four services on Sunday mornings, one on Wednesday nights, the women's group meets on Tuesday mornings and multiple other special events during the week. Just my ONE Toddler class that I work in on Sunday morning can have anywhere from 7-15 kids in it.

I just wanted to tell her how much she is appreciated and that I know how much she does. Here is my note:


I would like to issue my own challenge to my readers... pick several people that you feel needs a note of encouragement, thanks, congratulations or even an I'm sorry and write them a handwritten note! If you do, I'd love to hear back on how they responded or even how it made you feel!

1 comment:

Oh, My Darling said...

Hooray for old-fashioned letter writing! I bet she appreciated it!!!