Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fall Has Arrived!

I can't believe it's Fall already! I think we had one of the shortest summers on record here in the Pacific Northwest. It took forever to warm up, alternated between 60 and 90 degrees for a couple months and now.... rain and cold. I actually heard the other day that we've had one of the wettest Septembers on record (like 3rd wettest or something!) EVER this year. Talk about depressing.

I DO really like Fall though. I think I'm always saying the the next season is my favorite, but I actually like Fall a lot.

Pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks, colorful leaves, weekly TV shows return and the beginning of the holidays. =) I broke out some of my autumn scented candles the other day... pumpkin spice, mulberry, mmmmmm....

The best part are days like yesterday. It was pretty cold in the morning, but by the afternoon it was sunny and warm out. The Little Guy and I went outside and took a walk, threw balls around the driveway, played with some rocks - fun! haha

Although it is really starting to get pretty chilly at night (already!). It was supposed to be down in the 40s this week and I REFUSE to light the pilot light in the fireplace until it's at least October! Seriously!

AND tonight is my last night-shift that I'm covering for the girl on maternity leave! I'm super excited that I can start getting back to normal life. Too bad it lasted the two best months of summer... but I'm not going to complain now that I've finally come to the end of this stretch!

Do you have a favorite season? What do you love about it?



The Two Savvy Sisters

No comments: