Friday, September 24, 2010

October: My Challenge

Since working the crazy work schedule that I have for the past two months two things have resulted:
1. my house is a disaster from having no energy to clean on my days off
2. I'm feeling like I've put on a few pounds due to eating crap while working nights and once again.. having no energy to excerise.

So, I've decided I need to make myself a little challenge for the month of October. At the end of the month, we are leaving for about a week to go to Texas to celebrate my husbands grandparents 60th wedding anniversary/family reunion. First, I will be having someone staying at my house for that week with my dogs and would like to NOT be embarressed. AND for obvious reasons, I'd like to look my best - I mean - I only see these people every few years or so.

My challege - starting Monday:
1. Do my FlyLady cleaning every week (yes, I know I've said I would do this before... but I am determined this time!) If you havn't checked out the FlyLady's cleaning program and you need a little motivation cleaning your house - you should!



2. Do some form of exercise at least 5 days a week. I just purchased two work-out videos that I actually enjoy doing (I know! Crazy, huh?) They are both from the 10-Minute Solution series and I can do two segments and feel like I've gotten a decent work-out in 20 minutes.

That's it. No dieting, since I don't really believe in diets and no resolutions for doing this long-term. I'm just kind of hoping that by challenging myself for a month, I'll stick to it AND maybe make it into a habit in the meantime. =)

I am going to post a short post at the end of each day to say what I got done or didn't get done that day, so that I can feel like I'm being accountable. Wish me luck!

Want to join me? I'd love some company, so if you'd like to challenge yourself to something this month, I'd love to hear about it.

No comments: