Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Recipe: Catalina Apricot Chicken

I made a new recipe yesterday that was so super easy that I thought I'd share it! It took me all of about 10 (maybe 5!) minutes of preparation time and then 1 hour of baking. Ta Da! I love recipes like that. =)

This is another recipe from cheapcooking.com. if you haven't checked out that site yet, you definitely should.

Catalina Apricot Chicken
1/2 bottle of Catalina salad dressing (I think I only used about 1/3 bottle)
1 packet of onion soup mix
1/4 cup or so of apricot jam
4 bone-in chicken thighs (I may use boneless, skinless breasts next time)

Mix the dressing, soup mix and jam together.

Put the chicken in a baking dish, skin side up, and pour the dressing mix over the chicken.

Bake at 350 until done, about 1 hour.

See?! Isn't that easy? And very tasty. We had ours with brown rice and green beans on the side. The extra sauce was good drizzled over the rice. The recipe mentions that it would be good over pork also and I agree that sounds like a good combination.

No comments: