Sunday, December 12, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love

I'm sitting here at work reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert (I know, I know... I'm blogging and reading at work... it's turned out to be a pretty slow night here)

I've had at about a half dozen people walk by, see what I'm reading and make some comment to me like "oh! I'm reading that for the second time!", or "Great book you're reading!" or something like that. I'm almost done with the first 3rd of the book and I have to say... not that into it yet.

Elizabeth Gilbert is a good writer, but... I'm not even sure what it is. She sets herself up for so much drama - I guess I think it's kind of silly. I guess I'm a pretty practical person most of the time and I choose to live my life in a pretty measured way and she seems very... flaky.

Anyway... this is not my review of the book, I'm trying to save my comments until the end of the book. But I just thought it was funny that all these people were telling me how much they loved this book that I am sort of trudging through. =)



Like My Blog? Vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs!

No comments: