Thursday, December 16, 2010

Yikes! Less than 10 Days...

Why do I do this to myself every year? Every year I buy my first present before Thanksgiving and think "wow, I'm really with it this year - I've already started my Christmas shopping!" and then I coast along until a couple weeks before Christmas when all of a sudden I realize... I've still only got ONE present!

AND I've decided this year that I'm not a gift card person - although let me qualify that statement.

If - you are going to buy me some random crap at Walmart that I'm just going to end up throwing in the trash or donating to the Goodwill this summer - then please, buy me a gift card to Starbucks instead.
But - if you are the kind of thoughtful person who tries to make an actual attempt and buying me something FOR ME, even if I don't really like it, I will very much appreciate it because you put some thought into it.

Sooo... I really tried this year to put this into practice. Granted... most of these things I'm now hoping will make it to my house before Christmas because I just ordered them this week, but okay we'll work on that for next year....

Here are a few of my examples (can't show you all my good finds because a couple of the people I buy for read my blog!)

Uncle Rob - I drew his name for the gift exchange this year. Usually I just buy him a gift card to West Marine, a local boating store. He owns a sailboat. This is what I ordered him this year from WinterberryCottage:

2 8x10 Prints on Vintage Dictionary Pages - $7.80 each (when they arrive I'll buy a couple of frames to finish them off)

Stephanie - my good friend who is a baker, I got her this poster from KeepCalmShop:
She's not really a pink person, but you could custom order this in about 25 colors, so I picked a bright red, since that's what color her kitchen accessories are in.

And of course the beer soap for my husband! =)

Okay... soooo.... mailman, please bring my gifts before Christmas. I promise I'll start shopping earlier next year....

Now, if I can just finish all my knitting projects I decided to start this week also. Ugh.

How are you all doing with your shopping? Any organized and finished shoppers this year??




Like My Blog? Vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs!

No comments: