Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Food We Eat....

The 17 Day Diet: A Doctor's Plan Designed for Rapid ResultsWell, my husband and I are trying out a new diet.
My friends would probably say I don't really need to be ON a diet,
but I would like to lose about 10lbs and since I don't seem to be
losing those 10lbs by NOT doing anything, this seems like
a good jump-starter.

My husband is the one who really wants to do a diet
and I felt like if we did it together, as a lifestyle change,
that it would be easier than him just doing it on his own.

Anyway.... all that to say - we're doing the 17 Day Diet, which
a friend of ours has been doing for about 6 weeks now and she's 
lost over 30 lbs. The 17 Days is ACTUALLY 4- 17 Day cycles,
so it's actually the 52 Day diet. =)

Today was Day 2 for us.
I'm already tired of eating chicken.
(the first cycle is a detox/cleansing 17 Days)
Sooo... even though I HATE fish, I decided to pull some out of 
the freezer and attempt to bake it.
I have seriously only attempted fish one other time - EVER.
I usually let my husband make it because he LIKES the fish.

Anyway.... here it is!

It was actually surprisingly good!
I just sprinkled some lemon pepper, black pepper and Old Bay
Seasoning out of my cupboard on top and wrapped it in foil
and baked it.
Lucky for me, because I think I'm going to have to get used
to eating this disgusting "lean protein" =)

I may give some updates here along the way - 
I figure it's a good way to stay accountable to myself. =)

No comments: