Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Things We're Loving About Two - #2

I've had THREE people in the past 10 days or so comment 
to me about how big my Little Guy is getting. 
He's definitely no longer a baby, or even a toddler.
He's a little boy.

I'm not really sure how this has happened - I mean - he's not even 2 1/2 yet!
But it has happened.... snuck up on me really.

He is constantly talking more and doing funny things, such as:
  • He's now the poop patrol outside - he sees a pile of dog poop and runs to the scooper and says "yucky, poo poo! Mommy! yucky, poo poo!)
  • He also likes to say whenever the dog or another person "gets" him. The dog licks him or someone grabs him and he says "he got me!" or "she got me!" Yesterday he ran to me and said "poo poo got me!" I was a little confused by this statement and said, "where'd it get you?" To which he replied, "my shoe!"
  • He's started calling my mom "Honey"
  • Every time someone gets hurt or says "ow!" he has to give it a gentle kiss (so sweet!)
  • He's full of energy - I didn't think it was possible to have any more energy than he already did - but apparently it IS possible. We are go, go, go in this house.
  • He's still extremely social - he loves visiting people and talking to people in stores.
  • When I read him books he's adding his own comments to them and asking questions.
  • I have to admit, I'm appreciating the fact that he's a tiny bit more independent and I can let him walk beside me in the parking lot, or play in the backyard without sitting right there.
I'm sure there's a lot more, but I'm drawing a blank - I'll have to come back and add more so I don't forget down the road!


No comments: