Friday, November 25, 2011

My First Adult Sized Hat

This may be hard to believe, but I don't think I've ever knitted an adult-sized hat...
At least I can't think of any.
For a couple months now, my husband has been complaining that I've never made him a hat.
Now... this is not because he's never gotten a hand-knit hat. 
My mom has made him quite a few over the years.... but apparently it wasn't fair because I had never made him one.

So... I finally got some yarn, tracked down a suitable looking pattern and FINALLY made him one. I'm pretty proud... it was too short the first time I knit it (even though I made it 1/2 longer than the pattern called for), so my mom graciously ripped out the crown so I could re-knit the rest of it and make it longer. I'm hoping it's not too long now!

Here's the finished product:


Yarn:  
City Tweed DK Yarn in Toad by KnitPicks ($4.29/ball)
55% Merino wool, 25% Superfine alpaca, 20% Donegal tweed
Pattern: 
Wasatch Backcountry Hat (free Ravelry download)

So... I'm hoping it fits (he's on a hunting trip for the weekend right now.
But if it's too long I guess that's too bad for him because I'm not re-doing it again.
I have another ball of this yarn and I want to make a matching beanie for the Little Guy! I just have to sit down and figure out how much to reduce the pattern to fit.....

No comments: