Thursday, December 15, 2011

Two Mini Reviews: Dark Lover and Cloudy with the Chance of Marriage





Just finished these two books.... I'm not really feeling up to a lengthy review of either, so here they are - short and sweet. =)

Title: Cloudy with a Chance of Marriage (Impossible Bachelors #3)
Author: Kieran Kramer

2011, St. Martin's Paperbacks
ISBN: 0312374038
Genre: Historical Romance

My Review:
Like the other two Impossible Bachelor novels, this one is fun, quirky and full of sex. I had read some very unfavorable reviews on this one in the series, but I liked it. The point of these novels seems to be very far-fetched and ridiculous, not historically accurate, so if you can handle that, then they're pretty easy and fun reads. If not, don't even pick this one up because you'll think it's dumb. =)



Title: Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood #1)
Author: J.R. Ward
2005, Signet Eclipse
ISBN: 0451216954 
Genre: Paranormal

My Review:
This is a series I'd been hearing about for awhile now, but hadn't gotten around too. I picked up this copy of the first in the series cheap when Border's was going out of business. I really enjoyed this book and will be picking up the next one in the series. I liked the original take on the vampire nation. I could have done without some of the sex scenes, but I was expecting them for the most part from other reviews I'd read. The characters were well written and the plot was engaging. Definitely left me wondering what was going to happen in the next book.

No comments: