Monday, December 3, 2012

A Christmas Update

I'm just writing a quick little note since I've not been here lately. We've been busy and sick! Yuck! I've gotten to a couple projects though. 

This is my Falling Leaves Advent Calender. Taken from a Pinterest idea, I've spent a good deal of time cutting out, sewing and stuffing these stars. Malachi is having a great time opening them everyday, but I ran out of paper (even after taking down the Thankful Tree and using the paper from the trunk!) I am going to have to make a decision on what to use (get more shipping paper or use grocery sacks) in the next week, because I only have stars through the 19th!


My mom and I made a trip to JoAnn's tonight to pick up fabric for our Christmas projects. I'm making almost all my gifts this year and I've been a little worried that I'm going to leave them all to the last minute. I've convinced my mom to take a day off work so we can work on some of our projects together. Yay!

See our Elf above? We've got an Elf on the Shelf in our house! I'm super excited about the elf. Malachi has named him Zouff - I'm not really sure where he came up with that, but that is his name. He appeared on December 1st in Malachi's Christmas stocking. Malachi rushes out each day to find Zouff. Yesterday he was hanging upside down from the curtains holding a pair of Malachi's underwear. All we heard from the living room was, "Come here guys!!! Come here!!" and then, "He got my underwear! He's so silly!" =)
Zachary has his first bad cold and I'm very sad about it. He is so miserable and doesn't understand. I'm hoping he gets over it quickly and hopefully I'll have some more time to post soon. Here's a picture of my cute boys. =)



No comments: