Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day and Container Gardening

My mom watched my boys for me this past Saturday while I was at work. She attempted a brave Mother's Day project for me with them. Something she saw on Pinterest - and I love it!

My mom and Malachi painted this terracotta pot blue and then came the brave part - painting their feet and pressing them onto the pot to make the butterflies. Zach apparently hated it and Malachi has such a high arch that she kind of had to fill in the gap, but I thought it turned out wonderful. Now I just need to take a sharpie and write the year on the bottom. =)

Next comes my little container garden. For my birthday gift, I said I wanted to take a trip to the local Farmer's Market and pick out some plants. I don't have super high expectations this year, but I thought I'd attempt a few veggies in pots this year. I'm pretty pleased with how it's looking so far.....
Left to Right: Carrots, Tomato, Cucumber, Zucchini, Green Onions & Salad Mix

Also, not shown are two more tomato plants hanging in TopseyTurvy planters and a bowl of spinach. Hopefully this will at least keep us in salad fixin's through the summer!


No comments: