Saturday, November 28, 2009

Christmas Stockings

I am so excited! I went out on Black Friday in the afternoon! I bought my fabric for my Christmas Stockings like the ones listed on the Noodleheads blog tutorial. It took me forever to pick out my three main fabrics because I wanted them to coordinate, but not match. I decided I was going to use three totally different fabrics for the main part of the stocking and then do the tops all the same. The only part I'm slightly worried about is the embroidery of the name at the top. I can do embroidery, I've done my fair share of cross-stitch in the past, but that is a huge portion of name that has to look good. Anyway... at first I was thinking of having my mom do it, or using some other method, but I have made up my mind that I'm going to suck it up and DO IT. I'm sure it can't be that bad. And luckily my husband and I only have five letters in our name, but my son has SEVEN! I think maybe I should start with his.

Sooo... like I said before, I am bummed I have to work this weekend because what I really want to be doing is working on my stockings! I also have a candle party coming up on Monday night and I want to put up some Christmas decorations before then. And - my husband is gone this weekend, so I guess I can't force him to help me out until he gets back from his trip! I guess I'm actually going to have to go home from work and get into gear instead of getting on Facebook to play Farmville! =)

No comments: