Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Locks of Love

Okay... so I've always had this THING about new moms who chop off all their hair a few months after they have their first baby. I honestly don't understand it.... it's like "oh! I'm a mom now and have no time, so I'm going to chop my hair off!" When actually - long hair is pretty easy - just throw it in a ponytail and go. Anyway... I vowed I would never do that and so, I made it through my first year as a mom with my long hair intact AND I didn't even wear it in a ponytail everyday (just most probably).

But now... it's getting to that too long point. My hair is extremely thick and once it starts taking longer than 10 minutes to dry it with a hair dryer I usually chop off a few inches. Well... it's been so long since I got a decent cut (ah... no more than trimmed for probably 18 months ) and my hairstylist was telling me how healthy my hair was... blah, blah, blah... that I got this crazy idea to donate it to Locks of Love.

So... I picked out what I think will be a cute haircut (although super scary short!) and now that I've decided to do it.... I wait. And wait. AND... you get the idea. Because I need 10 inches of hair to donate and since I must have it at least chin length, I have to grow it a couple more inches. That doesn't sound like much until you're already ready to chop it.

I went to my hairdresser yesterday to get my color done and was hoping I'd have only an inch at the most to go.... but alas.... TWO inches to go! Granted it had grown an inch since my previous visit, but still. So.... I wait still. I was so tempted to not stick it out for the last couple inches... but if I don't I'll probably just cut my usual 2-3 inches off and call it good - so I'm standing firm. For now. =)

3 comments:

Kerri said...

Thanks for your comment. It really made me feel better. I'm starting to question Camden's pediatrician. I think he's just going to be a tall & thin guy just like his daddy!

Anyway, funny you posted about this b/c I just cut my hair. My hair is also really thick and it was taking me way too long to dry. But it's only to my shoulders, so not too "momish". :)

Oh, and I love Anne of Green Gables!!

Mama Hen said...

I would love to cut some of my long hair, but every time I do I can't wait for it to grow back! I am new to your blog! Very nice. Come visit me at mama's Little Chick.

Mama Hen
www.mamaslittlechick.com

Chelsea said...

Kudos to you for donating your hair to such a great cause! Good luck on growing it out. I'm your newest follower by the way! Come check out my blog sometime!
Chelsea
http://vandylandmommy.blogspot.com