Monday, June 21, 2010

New Projects... Cleaned Space

Baby Beanies: Happy Hats to Knit for Little HeadsOkay... I mentioned before that I got this adorable book by Amanda Keeys called Baby Beanies. Super cute... anyway... I finally finished my first project out of it - the rolled brimmed beanie. I used some lovely yarn from KnitPicks.com called Swish Worsted. It is a 100% Superwash Merino wool. It's great for doing baby things because you can actually wash and dry it! Amazing! Here it is....

I love the cute little pom poms hanging down in the contrasting color. I will definitely be making more of these in the future, but I'm onto my next hat in the book - one with a cute little ruffly edging on it. Picture to come when I finally finish it. =)

Well, a couple days ago I was supposed to be cleaning for my party, but of course I was upstairs in the computer/craft room instead dinking around and decided to clean that room instead! My craft table has been pretty much un-usable because of all the crap on it, so I decided to start there. My grandma had a million and one storage containers in her house and I've swiped a few of them when we've been over there cleaning, since I knew that eventually I'd need to do some craft organization.
BEFORE


How in the world are you supposed to do any crafting in that mess, I ask you!?
AFTER




See my bins? So much better! One bin for fabric and the other for finished projects. Now hopefully they won't get anything spilled on them or lost in the heap! And the small one is holding misc supplies. So happy... now I have no excuse for not finishing my projects, right?

No comments: