Thursday, July 8, 2010

Frustration

Well, here's another one of those things that you don't think about before having kids.

The shopping trip started out good. Went to Kohl's because I had some Kohl's bucks and needed a couple new tank tops since our weather has gotten ridiculously hot all of a sudden.

Then I decided to head next door to Target for a clothesline - it has been pointless to set up my clothesline before now because it's been one of the rainiest summers up until now - I really want to update my system since the past couple years have been pretty makeshift.

Anyway... I ended up looking through the clothes, picking up a bottle of babywash, going up and down the laundry area looking for clothesline (apparently they don't have it) finally just picking up some new clothespins to make myself feel better and then going through the seasonal area just in case. I get all the way to check out - the lady behind me points out that my Little Guy has lost a shoe.

Ahhh! I spent days looking for those sandals! I wanted closed-toed sandals that were cute, not expensive and durable. I backtracked... I searched every aisle we'd been down twice, looking on shelves (in case some person had picked it up off the floor) under displays - NOTHING! GRRR.... finally I went and checked out and then walked over to the customer service desk to ask if someone had turned a shoe in - nope. I will be calling the store tonight to ask again.

This is just one of those things that you just never think about before you have kids. The aggravation! It doesn't seem like that big of a deal - but it is! I searched for those sandals! They still fit good and I don't want to go find another pair and spend another $10-$15 on them! Now that the weather is nice everyone will probably be sold out!


Sooo... that is my frustration today.... hopefully someone will turn it in and I'll have to drive back to the store and pick it up - that's what I'm hoping for.
 Smart and Trendy MomsNew Friend FridaysFriendly Friday Button


6 comments:

Sharon Cohen said...

I finally made it from Welcome Wednesday and am glad that I did. I've connected through the Google Friend Connect so I'll see your new posts in my daily reader. I really hope to read that the sandal was found.

Drop in to my blog when you can. Follow if it intrigues, uplifts or otherwise pleases you. I write about wives encouraging, appreciating and respecting their husbands. I know - it's an old fashioned idea but it could use a modern restoration.

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

What a bummer! I sure hope that they have found that cute sandal when you call back!!

Nice to 'meet' you through New Friend Friday! :) You blog name is adorable!

Christina said...

Hope your little man gets back his sandal:). Newest follower here. Do follow back if you can.

Anonymous said...

Already a follower but just stopping by! Happy Friday!

Unknown said...

Following you now!! Stop by sometime! I would love to swap buttons with you!

dustinnikki said...

I'm your newest follower from Friendly Friday!

Check out our giveaways!

http://dustinnikki.blogspot.com/