Friday, October 22, 2010

Sick Day

Today started out like any other normal day. Still getting ready for our trip, the Little Guy had an appointment to get his hair cut this morning at 9:30 at the local children's salon. I got up and got ready to go and then went to get him out of his crib. He was awake, but cried and cried when I got him up. Then I rushed him through breakfast, which he wasn't that intererested in and we hopped in the car to our appt.

When we got there I decided I thought he felt warm, but we were there and so we got his hair cut. Usually he's pretty happy to sit in a race car and have them cut his hair, but today it didn't seem as fun. =(

On the way home he fell asleep - less than two hours since he'd gotten up. And although he woke up when I got him out of his car seat, he went right back to sleep in his crib - for 2 hours!

When he finally woke up and I took his temperature. 103.1 poor guy. Well, then work called me and asked if I could come in early because there are so many sick people in our department that they are authorizing me to work overtime today.

So, my mom came over and I went to work and left the sick Little Guy at home with grandma. I know she'll be almost as good as having mommy, but I still feel bad and wish I'd been able to stay home today. I just didn't feel like I could since I'm taking four days of vacation next week and they were in such a bind that they're acutally letting me work 2 hours of overtime (usually they are super strict about not letting that happen). One of those days that sucks to be a working mommy.

And now I'm praying we can get him over this flu and that neither me or my husband gets it before we leave on our trip next week! Just six days until take-off!

No comments: