Friday, October 8, 2010

Volume the Third

I am not one to read a book more than once in most cases. The few exceptions to this are: Pride and Prejudice, Redeeming Love & the Twilight Saga.

Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorite books and I just may read it here again for the 3rd or 4th time. Somehow this love of Jane Austen's Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy have not spilled over into easy reading of any of her other novels.

I have attempted Mansfield Park and Sense and Sensibility and could not get far enough into the story for it to hook me. I started Emma quite a while ago and got so confused that I had to start back at the beginning (AFTER I watched the BBC movie version to solidify who all the characters were).

It is part of my Fall into Reading Challenge that I finally FINISH Emma. Actually, I have really enjoyed it the second time around (now that I can keep the millions of characters straight!) and I'd just like to report that I have finally reached a pivotal part in the story - Volume the Third. That's right people, this book was originally published in THREE VOLUMES!

So, one volume left to go - 153 pages.

No comments: