Saturday, November 20, 2010

Bingo Night

Today was a full day of friends! This morning my friend Stephanie came over to hang out for a little while before we started all our afternoon activities. I was glad for the time to visit although unfortunately my husband had decided earlier (not knowing she was coming) that we had to make a run to Lowe's for some stuff around the house, so she nicely said she would wait at the house while the Little Guy took a nap and we ran to the store.

Next I headed to the downtown community center where the hospital where I work was putting on an Employee Activity night of Bingo! I don't know about other people out there, but I'd never played bingo in a group setting before, but always secretly thought it sounded like fun. Does anyone else think of senior citizens when they think of community bingo though?

Anyway, it was a lot of fun and didn't cost anything to get in. I actually won two bingos, but I wasn't quick enough to claim the first prize because multiple people got a bingo (it was a birdhouse), and the second one I tied with another guy and had to draw a number and lost (it was a snow sled). But I still lucked out and won with one of my raffle tickets - a wall mirror! Yay!

Then my mom's youngest brother turns 50 this month, so I headed over to her house for a birthday party to round out the day. It was fun and I'm glad to be home where I can sit down and read my book with a cup of tea before I head off to bed.

Good night!

No comments: