Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Fall Into Reading Challenge - Wrap Up!

I participated in Callapidder Days Fall Into Reading Challenge this Fall. It ran from September 22 - December 21st. What I liked about this particular challenge is that you set up your own timeline and picked all your own books! =)

Here is the link back to my original post.
Okay... so I had eleven books on my original list:
  1. Emma by Jane Austen
  2. Where Are You Now? by Mary Higgins Clark
  3. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  4. Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris
  5. That Certain Spark by Cathy Marie Hake
  6. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
  7. Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella
  8. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
  9. Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella
  10. Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris
  11. Mr. Darcy Broke My Heart by Beth Pattillo
Out of this eleven, I finished nine.

I didn't read Mr. Darcy Broke My Heart because I couldn't get a hold of a copy anywhere. The library doesn't have it and the paperback swap doesn't have it. I wasn't about to buy it just to read it for this challenge - otherwise I would have.

I'm in the process of reading Eat, Pray, Love by I'm finding it very difficult to finish at this point. I was excited to read it because it was such a bestseller, but I'm having a hard time relating. I started it in enough time that I should have been able to finish it, but I didn't. No good excuse there.

BUT! I also read an additional four books that weren't on my list! Sooooo... I think that I actually came out ahead! haha!

This challenge helped me to get through a bunch of books I had sitting on my bookshelf that I was meaning to read, but just never got too. There were a few that were out of my normal realm of reading material (The Lovely Bones, The Glass Castle, Where Are You Now?) and I was a little nervous to try them. By setting myself a goal, I was able to get through those books and found most of them to be pretty enjoyable! I also buckled down and finished Emma which I'd been working on for quite some time.

Thanks to Katrina over at Callapidder Days for hosting the challenge. I'll be looking for the next one in the Spring! =)



Like My Blog? Vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs!

No comments: