Monday, January 17, 2011

Book Review: From Dead to Worse

From Dead to Worse (Original MM Art) (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood)
Book Details:
Title: From Dead to Worse
Author: Charlaine Harris
2008, ACE Books
ISBN: 978-0-441-01939-7
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Book Summary (from the back cover):
After the natural disaster of Hurricane Katrina and the man-made horror of the explosion at the vampire summit, Sookie Stackhouse is safe but dazed, yearning for things to get back to normal. but her boyfriend, Quinn, is among the missing. And things are changing, whether the Weres and vamps in her corner of Louisiana like it or not. In the ensuing battles, Sookie faces danger, death ... and, once more, betrayal by someone she loves. And when the fur has finished flying and the cold blood has ceased flowing, her world will be forever altered...

My Review:
Out of the last few books, I think this Sookie novel is one of my favorites. She's back in Bon Temps, back to living her normal life and then of course - things go weird. But I liked it that she wasn't travelling around meeting all kind of new weird creatures in new weird places.

I'm a little disappointed that Quinn seems to be out of the picture now - although I didn't think his betrayal was that horrible. Bill is starting to worry me since he's being all nice and trying to win Sookie back and I really don't want that to happen. And I'm super happy that Eric has regained his memory from his bout of amnesia when he stayed with Sookie a couple books back (I think that should lead to some interesting conversations later...). And, although I don't want her to get together with Sam for good... I like it that he played a larger part in this novel than he has for awhile.

I'm not really sure how much farther Harris can take this series - she killed off quite a few people (uh... creatures) in this one. The Weres are supposed to be reveling themselves to the world along with the other shapeshifters soon, so that will be interesting. Oh! One other thing I've really liked is having Amelia the witch living with Sookie. She adds a lot to the storyline, I think.

I have the next two books in at the library, so I'm going to have to make the time to swing by there sometime this week and pick them up. Although this next book in the Outlander series looks like its going to take me awhile to get through!



Like My Blog? Vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs!

No comments: