Sunday, March 27, 2011

Book Review: Dead and Gone

Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse, Book 9)
Book Details:
Title: Dead and Gone
Author: Charlaine Harris
2009, Ace Books
ISBN: 978-0-441-01715-7
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Book Summary (from the inside cover):
For Sookie Stackhouse, the day-to-day activities of the vampire and Were communities in and around Bon Temps, Louisiana, are of vital interest. She's blood bound to the leader of the vamps, is a friend to the local Were pack, works for a man who is a shifter, and has a brother who is a werepanther ...

But for most of the humans in Bon Temps, the vamps are mysterious, seductive creatures - and they dont' even know about the Weres.

Until now. The Weres and shifters have finally decided to follow the lead of the undead and reveal their existence to the ordinary world.

At first it seems to go well. Then the mutilated body of a werepanther is found in the parking lot of the bar where Sookie works. The victim is someone she knows, so she feels compelled to discover who - human or otherwise - did the deed.

But what she doesn't realize is that there is a much greater danger than the killer threatening Bon Temps. A race of unhuman beings - older, more powerful, and far more secretive than vampires or werewolves - are preparing for war. And Sookie will find herself an all-too-human pawn in their battle.

My Review:
I was a little worried that I wasn't going to be able to get  back into the Sookie story since I've had a little break from the series, but I was sucked (hmm... no pun intended) right back in. I realized I've kind of missed quirky Sookie and her gang of Supes.

I really enjoyed this book in the series. I'm VERY glad that she's so close to Eric the vampire - I'm not really sure why because he's so selfish and demanding, but for some reason I really like him regardless. Bill redeemed himself a little in this book I thought - although I still don't like him as much as Eric.

The fae were really creepy in this book and I'm kind of glad to be rid of them. I don't want to reveal any secrets, but I will say that the two people/things that died in this book I was kind of sad about because I liked both their characters. I'm kind of surprised that I don't get more irritated with all the crazy scrapes she gets herself into, but somehow it doesn't bother me.

I'm very curious about what's going to happen between Eric and Sookie since she's had even more of his blood now - I'm not really sure how they can be more blood-bonded than they already are, but I'm assuming something must come of it.

There's only one more book and then I have to wait until May for the next one to come out!



Like My Blog? Vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs!

No comments: