Saturday, April 2, 2011

Book Review: Happily Ever After

Happily Ever After (Deep Haven Series #1)Book Details:
Title: Happily Ever After (Deep Haven Series #1)
Author: Susan May Warren
2007, Tyndale House
Genre: Christian fiction

Book Summary (from the back cover):
Mona Reynolds knows exactly whom she wants to marry. The only problem is, he isn't real.


Mona's dream is about to come true: she has bought an old Victorian house to transform into the Footstep of Heave Bookstore and Coffee Shop in the lovely lakeside town of Deep Haven. With the help of her best friend, Liza, and the ruggedly mysterious handyman, Joe Michaels, Mona is ready to make a perfect life for herself.


But when disaster threatens her dream, Mona turns to her handyman for more than just household solutions. As Mona and Joe reach out to each other and to God, they find that some fairy tales have surprise endings ...

My Review:
This is a book I've had lying around my house for quite awhile. It was a pretty cute book. I read a couple reviews on it saying it was like a Hallmark movie and I'd say that's true. It's also fairly predictable, but I wouldn't say that necessarily makes or breaks a book.

Although it's pretty predictable, the characters of Mona and Joe are likable and I still enjoyed the storyline. Mona has saved up all her money to move to the tourist town of Deep Haven to open a bookstore and coffee shop. She is extremely driven and independant and she has some hidden secrets for why she's that way. Joe Michaels also has some secrets. He's passing through Deep Haven for completely different reasons and just needs a temporary job - and secrecy - until he moves on his way.

But God has some different plans for Mona and Joe - and maybe some lessons on love and forgiveness for themselves and others along the way.

I noticed that this is a first in a series about Deep Haven by this author. I may try to pick up the next one in the series and see how it is.




Like My Blog? Vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs!

No comments: