Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Weirdness in the Birth Center

As you may (or may not) know, I work in the Family Birth Center of our local hospital. I check-in all the ladies coming in for tests, to be checked out or to have their babies. Usually its a pretty fun job. I tend to have a lot of stories about extremely annoying or funny women and their families who come in to have a baby.
Usually I don't share them on here too much because I don't want to be
accused of some kind of HIPPA law violation or something.
 
But this was a first - and definitely weird scenario that happened today.
 
I'm sitting at my desk - working on my computer.
A very well-dressed (like black suit) young man comes up to me.
Him: "Hello - I'm here from (insert name) funeral services to pick up --- ----."
Me (looking through the names on my screen and seeing no such name and then it dawning on me that he's asking about A BODY): "WHAT? From the Birth Center?
Him: "Uh, they say go to morgue, but I not know where that is."
Me: "The morgue is in the basement - that way"

I point him in the correct direction
(not that even I know exactly where the morgue is).
I mean, SERIOUSLY??? A BODY?
You're going to come to the Family Birth Center looking for the morgue????
His english wasn't really great, so many he just got turned around - but seriously??
Weird, I tell you, weird. Freaked me out a tiny bit actually.
You just never know what's going to happen here....


Like My Blog? Vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs!



No comments: