Thursday, August 18, 2011

Potty Training Day #1

The Little Guy is 2 1/2. 
I decided maybe I'd procrastinated long enough on not potty training.
So many mom's I know seem to be pushing for their little ones to use the potty.
(with different levels of success)
I, on the other hand, have avoided it.

Yes, I could say that he hasn't been ready or uninterested.
But the truth is, I just haven't wanted to do it.
Maybe it's because we use cloth diapers and I'm not forking out
hundreds of extra dollars in diapers because of my potty avoidance,
but I think I've convinced myself that diapers are less hassle!
(and everyone figures it out eventually, right?)

Anyway.... I got up this morning and decided it was the day.
We got up late, had breakfast and headed out to Wal-Mart
to buy a Potty Chair.
Didn't like the ones there, so we drove to Target 
and picked up this little guy.

And we got some little boxer brief underwear to be like Daddy.
I'm sorry, but aren't these just the cutest things you've ever seen?
Little girl Dora panties have nothing on these. haha

So by the time we got home and naptime, he only really had a few hours left.
But I think he did great for a first day.

I let him run around outside with his new Big Boy Underwear on and he 
used his new potty a couple times.
He eventually had an accident, but I think he was just busy playing and forgot.


Then after naptime he used it a couple more times.
He definitely gets the idea, so I say it's a success!

We'll see how tomorrow goes - good thing it's supposed to be nice outside
because I think we're going to be out there ALL DAY.

Wish us luck!

No comments: