Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Book Review: Indelible

Book Details:
Title: Indelible
Author: Kristen Heitzmann
2011, Waterbrook Press
ISBN: 978-1-4000-7310-8
Genre: Christian Fiction/Suspense

Book Summary:
In a clash of light and darkness, can courage prevail?

Rescuing a toddler from the jaws of a mountain loion, Trevor MacDaniel, a high-country outfitter, sets in motion evetns he can't foresee. His act of bravery entwines his life with gifted sculptor Natalie Reeve - and attracts a grim admirer.

Trevor's need to guard and protect is b orn of tragedy, prompting his decision to become a search and resuce volunteer. Natalie's gift of sculpting comes from an unusual disability that seeks release through her creative hands. In each other they see strength and courage as they face an incomprehensible foe.

When a troubled soul views Trevor as archangel and adversary, Redfor's peaceful mountain community is threatened. Together with Police Chief Jonah Westfall, Trevor presses his limits to combat the menace who targets the most helpless and innocent.

My Review:

This was a very good read. I would suggest right off that you should read Indivisible first. I wrongly assumed that Indelible was a stand-alone book, like the other one I read by this author, but I think it must be loosely part of a series.

This book is your classic story of a rescuer who is the one in need of being rescued. Trevor is part of a search and rescue team, but emotionally he needs someone to save him. Natalie has a unique "disability" which has proven too much for relationships in the past. The whole story is very well-written and I loved the suspense. Before each chapter you get a glimse into the mind of the "troubled soul". Each of these sections starts off with a quote from Paradise Lost by John Milton, which is creepy enough - and then you get that brief look into that person's mind. I thought I had it pretty figured out, but ended up being surprised at the end (always a sign of a good story, I think).


My only real complaint about the book was that I was not expecting the other sub-plots. Trevor and Natalie were not the only storylines going on - there was a storyline featuring the police chief and his wife, which left me slightly confused. I felt that I was supposed to know their story already, but I didn't and it was frustrating. I figured out about halfway through the book that their story was told in a previous book.

Overall, I thought this was a excellent story and a very interesting read. I will defninitely be checking out more books by this author and catching up on those plots I missed out on in the prevous book!



Disclaimer: This book was sent to me by Waterbrook Multnomah Publishers for my honest review. No other compensation was received and all opinions are mine.

No comments: