Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - Good Choice Reading Book Tour


Book Details:
Title: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
Author: Michelle Hodkin
2011, Simon & Schuster
ISBN: 9781442421769
Genre: YA

Book Summary:
Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there. It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed. There is.

She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love. She's wrong.

My Review:
I'm not even sure where to start with this review. I was left with a very "hmm.... soooo???" at the end! If felt like the ending was completely unresolved. This was not a happily ever after type book - but it just ended weird!

Characters: Good - loved Mara and Noah. They had great chemistry and the book kept you guessing whether Noah was a good thing or a bad thing in Mara's life for quite some time. There were lots of good secondary characters - Mara's brothers added a lot to the story.

Clean? Depends on how you view it. There was some foul language, but no sex.

Plot line: Good. I really had no idea where this book was going for quite some time, yet I was compelled to keep reading it. My husband and one point was like, "You just can't put that book down can you?" Nope - and what higher marks can you give a book than that? =) I did feel like there were a lot of weird events that seemed kind of random throughout the book - although because Mara thought she was psychotic, I guess it kind of fit.

Overall impression: It was an interesting book. Definitely interesting to read. I wouldn't say it was the most awesome book I've ever read, but it was a fun read, easy to get through and kept you guessing. Like I said at the beginning - I'm still not really sure what happened at the end, so if you like clean endings, then this is not the book for you.

This book is set to be released on September 27, 2011.

Thank you to Good Choice Reading for hosting The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer Book Tour and giving me the opportunity to review this book.



No comments: