Thursday, January 26, 2012

Power's Back! Work Woes

After 126 hours without power, ours finally came back on.
Yay!
The Little Guy and I spend 3 nights with my parents... giving up on our house altogether.
Although I'm sure we could have toughed it out at home, our house tends to get very dark (I call it "cave-like" even when the power is on!) by early afternoon. After a couple days its hard to find things to do with a 2-year-old when you're in the dark for hours and hours!

So, we are happy to be home and slept in our own beds last night. =)

Starting today we are moving boxes into our new temporary house.
At the same time, at work we are implimenting a new region-wide computer systerm, so I have mandatory training meetings!
It's all making for kind of a hectic, frustrating sort of week.
You know the kind I mean, where you have too much to do and not really enough time to do it all the way you'd like??

Here's an interaction with my Little Guy this morning:
Him: Mommy! What doin'?
Me: I'm getting ready to go to work.
Him: No! Mommy no work!
Me: Sorry buddy. Mommy has to go to work today.
Him (thinks): Me work too.

So sad. I've been working so much this week that I am really missing my Little Guy. I'm not sure how people do it full-time. In addition to working additional days the past 10 days or so, several of them were during the day (normal working hours for most people). Whereas I'm used to being home with my Little Guy during the day and then working in the evenings, I've missed out being with him during the day too much lately.

I'm definitely looking foward to getting back to my normal schedule soon!

No comments: