Friday, March 29, 2013

Zachary 9 Months

Zachary is 9 months old already!! I swear this year just keeps flying by faster and faster. Now that brother's dinosaur party is over, it's only 3 months until I'll have a 1-year-old bash for my little Zach!

This month has been fun. He is, of course, his happy little self. Always with a smile for Mommy and Daddy - and (usually) Brother. He's been talking up a storm with his favorite phrase "da da". No clear "ma ma" yet, but it's going to happen one of these days. =) Still no teeth either - someday we'll get there. 
He's tried just about all food, I think. Whatever I'm eating he gets a taste of it!
Some favorite books are "Are You A Cow" by Sandra Boynton - that one always gets a little laugh and "Pat the Bunny" Zach makes sure that he always gets to try lifting the little flap for peek-a-boo with Paul.
He is loving the nicer weather and going on walks in the stroller with mom and brother. He was clapping all on his own the other day during a walk - happy boy!

On a frustrating/nerve racking note - we had our 9 month visit to the Doctor today. First off, I LOVE our newest pediatrician. We've been assigned to several since Malachi was a baby and I'm hoping this guy never leaves. My husband says I have a crush on him. =) 

At Zachary's 4-month visit, he was in the 40th percentile for length and then at his 6-month it had dropped to the 10th percentile and as of this latest visit he's dropped again to the 3rd percentile. The doctor has been tracking it and today he said he felt it's time for a blood draw and some tests. Everything else seems to be tracking fine for weight and head size. Sooo... I have to take my little Zach in to get some blood taken this next week. I just couldn't do it today after he'd already had some immunizations. 

I'm hoping that it's something easily discernible. And I'm hoping they find SOMETHING. I'm not sure what I'll think if we do all these tests and they can't figure out what the problem is. The doctor was thinking it's possibly a thyroid issue - so we'll see.

I think it's normal for a mom to worry, but I just hate the idea that anything could be wrong with my sweet little boy!


No comments: