Thursday, July 25, 2013

A Camping We Will Go!

We are getting ready to embark on our first camping trip as a family of four! Malachi was only about 4 months old the first time we took him camping - see some pictures here! He's so tiny! I just couldn't think about taking Zach last summer though. I didn't want to go camping hugely pregnant - and I couldn't picture taking a newborn, so we didn't go at all. Sad. =( This year we are taking a couple camping trips and I'm excited.

I've done my grocery shopping and have started lining up sleeping bags, cots and supplies by the front door. I've yet to actually pack any bags, but I have a couple days yet. I also super-cleaned my bathroom today - no sense coming home to a dirty house! Hopefully Malachi can refrain from spraying the whole bathroom in the next two days.

Some of my friends have been posting on FB lately about how they are going to attempt camping or backyard camping. I have nothing against backyard camping, but I'm also not so sure what all the fuss is about! It's not too hard to pack up a tent and some sleeping bags and spend a couple days outside! It's about as low-key a vacation as you can get. =) 

I've been pinning lots of new ideas for camping on my Pinterest boards. This time we're going to make S'Mores one night and try Campfire Cones another night. Sounds yummy!

Anyone else going camping this summer? Any traditions you have?


No comments: