Thursday, September 19, 2013

Preschool - Letter E

I am really enjoying my time with Malachi every morning as we do school. He is doing much better than I anticipated and looks forward to it every day!

We start every morning by going over our calendar - month, date, current weather, etc. We also review our Bible verse for the week and our shape/color (which he really already knows... but we do it anyway)

Next we pick up his Daily Notebook. In this he traces the letters of the day of the week, fills in the date circle and we practice writing the number. Some days I want to skip this, but he really likes it, so we always do it.
Lastly we go through the folder of activities for the day. Today we had things like making a fun foam elephant, patterning block activities, Do-A-Dot letter E picture and a letter E collage.

I've been really impressed with his attention span and how much he enjoys everything. After the first few days he hasn't given me any attitude about any of it. I think he knows that he's going to like it and so he just goes with it now.

I feel like I'm going to have an advantage when he finally gets to school because I'll know what he can do and how long he can do it. Obviously being in a classroom full of distractions will make a difference, but I'll know he's capable of doing everything.

No comments: