Sunday, December 28, 2014

Sanity-Savers for Busy Moms (or just anyone really!)

The holidays are over and we’re all sighing with relief… hmm… and maybe with a little bit of letdown. I always feel this way a tiny bit after the holidays are over. It seems like such a long, drawn out build up and then poof! it’s over in a few hours! My 5-year-old son said the day after Christmas this year, “Mom, I wish it could be Christmas every day!” Okay… I DO NOT wish it was Christmas everyday… that would be way too much… but you get the idea.

But the holidays are tiring and aren't we all looking for ways to make our lives a tiny bit easier – for things to run smoother about now? I know I am.

My husband came to me a bit ago with some ad that had come up on Facebook for The Dollar Shave Club. WHAT?! A service for razors? How awesome is that? And why not?! Don’t I subscribe to other make-my-life-easier services?

  • I love my Amazon Prime because it delivers me books and music right to my email. Not to mention the wonderfulness of never paying for shipping again….
  • Who hasn't tried StitchFix yet? I feel like everyone in the world has heard about this, but what a fun way to try out new clothes! I've had limited success with this and I wish I had a little more of a clothes budget for what they send me… but it’s fun nonetheless. =)
  • And my ultimate sanity-saver The Honest Company’s diaper bundles! There’s something wonderful about not having to run out to the store to buy diapers. They come delivered to my door every couple months – hooray!

Can I be honest? I thought the razor thing was a little crazy at first until my husband reminded me about our current razor situation. We both have multiple razors – bought depending on sales, coupons, etc. We can never remember which blades to buy when we’re at the store because there are so many and so expensive and we can’t remember which ones we have…. it’s a mess really. So what ends up happening? We just don’t buy new razors until they are scary….

So my new life-saver - $6 a month, 4 cartridge. My husband and I will use the same handle (different blades of course!) and they are delivered to our door! And only $6! They have plans as low as one dollar a month. I will never have to remember to buy razors again – or stand in the shaving aisle at the grocery store trying to rack my brain for which type to buy! Hooray!

What can I say? It’s the little things that make a huge difference. Want to try the Dollar Shave Club for yourself? Hop on over there and check it out!
Are there other sanity-saving services out there I haven't heard about? Tell me about them!



Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, but I received no compensation whatsoever for this post. I really do think all these things are great! 

No comments: