Sunday, July 11, 2010

Blog Bash

Blog Bash
 
I'm joining up in the 1st Annual Blog Bash!
 
My name is Elsie and I've been married for five years this Septmeber. I have a 15-month-old son who keeps me on my toes and I love more than anything else in this world. I love to knit, but I have a short attention span, so I tend to do small projects. I have a bunch of hobbies, but I kinda fly from one thing to another, so I never get really good at any of them.

 
I blog because I've always been a journal writer and this just seemed like a natural progression to move to blogging. Sharing with others sometimes gives perspective to my thoughts that I might not have just writing them down for myself. I'm also enjoying recording my experiences with my son - things I'm sure I'd otherwise forget years down the road.
 
I blog about the craft projects I try, books I'm reading, recipes I'm trying and mostly about my family.
 
I think that the biggest reward about blogging is the connection between me and other bloggers. It's really a community of people and even though we don't know each other in person, we are still bound together by our blogging (kinda weird, but cool!)
 
I have blogged off and on for several years, but I just got serious about in the last 6 months or so. I'm a little more focused this time and getting more involved in the previously mentioned blogging community, so I'm hoping I stick with it this time! =)
 
Ahh... the story behind my blog title.... how can I explain without giving too many personal details away - I don't want any creepies coming to find me. =)
 Okay... my maiden name had something to do with nature. So when I was growing up a lady in our church always used to call me Little Sprout as a joke. She'd send cards and stuff address to Mr. and Mrs. ___ and Little Sprout. I just always thought that was kinda cute and now I have my own Little Sprout. So Little Sprout Growing has kind of a duel meaning to me - it is the record of my Little Sprout growing up and also my story of growing up - because although I may technically be an adult now - I'm still maturing, having experiences, learning new things or more simply - growing. =)
 
So thanks so much for visiting my blog. I'm very excited to be a part of this awesome Blog Bash! If you like what you see, I hope you'll follow me and even if you're just passing through... thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Bloggy Blog Designz said...

Following you now from Blog Bash! I love connecting with fellow bloggers.

Crystal said...

I love your blog title! So cute and sweet, and how fun that it ties back to when you were little and still today with your own child!
Nice to meet you!
www.crystalizedreflections.blogspot.com

BNM said...

i love the story behind your blog name :)

Unknown said...

Stopping from the Bash! It was great to learn about your life. Great name for a blog.

[ker-AND-uh] said...

Another follower from the Blog Bash...love your blog/ the title. It's super cute. Nice meeting you!
Kiranda www.thismommyshood.com

Stacey @ Chasing Cloud 9 said...

Stopping in from the Blog Bash!

You sound kinda like me...I fly from hobby to hobby constantly. I attempted sewing most recently, and that lasted all of 5 minutes. ;)