Saturday, July 10, 2010

Going Green

At least a little bit. I'm a big fan of clotheslines. I like the way my clothes smell and feel when they've dried out in the sun on the line.

A couple years ago my DH and I lived in a little duplex and I had jerry-rigged up a clothesline out on the patio - it was ugly, but it did the job. The power bill in that place was atrocious and that was my way to combat it.

Well, then we moved to our current place with a big yard, but have I gotten around to putting up a line? No... too lazy. The edges of my yard are shaded most of the day because we are surrounded by large trees and my excuse was that I didn't know where I'd put it.

Sooo... we've had this super nice weather and it inspired me... soooooo.... I ran out to Lowe's yesterday and picked up this retractable clothline (no jerry-rigging this time around)
Then I somehow talked the Big Guy into putting it up for me today! Which is kind of a miracle all by itself. He even found a board in the shed so I didn't have to spend any more money on it. And here it is: 


And just because it's cute... this is the clothespin bag that my mom made me a couple years ago - as you can see... it's been well used so far, but still cute!


2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Cute!! I have never thought about hang drying.

Kim said...

I just moved into an apartment, I had a clothesline in our old place and I'm missing the fresh smell of line dried clothes. Think the neighbors would care if I dried my clothes on the balcony? ;)