Sunday, July 18, 2010

Just one of those days...

No posting yesterday... it probably would have ended up a rant or something. So... following Thumpers advance, "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all," I refrained from blogging.

How is it that some days are just terrible... that nothing seems to go right? I'm not sure if it's our attitude that gets out of whack and that makes the day seem worse or if things really do all pile up.

Yesterday, I got up and had to run around like crazy to do errands with the Little Guy because the Big Guy was at the church playing in a basketball tournament (which I forgot about and was in turn annoyed about because he was gone). Did my errands just in time to get home and put Little Guy down for a nap... it was a no go. He's usually pretty good about napping... but not yesterday.

The Big Guy calls to ask why we're not coming to watch him play basketball? Grr...
I left Little Guy napping crying upstairs in his crib while I whipped up my mom's birthday cake. Everything was going fine there until I took one layer out of the pan and ... da da... half the layer stuck to the bottom of the pan! Ugh! That never happens to me!

Then I ended up getting the baby from upstairs, so I could have Grumpy following me around while I tried to frost my cracking, miserable, frustrating lovely cake. Then hubby calls to say oh, but he forgot he has to run 30 minutes north to a friends to help him with his car. Grrr...

Then finally... done. Time to leave for my parents and my mom's birthday party... cake has a huge crevice, baby had only one short nap (decided I think he's getting some new teeth), hubby shows up just in time to leave and I am in quite the mood by then. Anyway... looking back it doesn't seem too bad really, but still I let it ruin my whole day.

But today starts a new week! I'm going to post my first giveaway later this week and I'm super excited about that!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Aww, we all have days like that. Good luck on your first giveaway! :)