Friday, August 27, 2010

Pen-to-Paper Challenge

I'm participating in the Pear Tree Greetings Pen-to-Paper Challenge for Pearistas. You can find out more about that on my original post about it.


Week Two:
 Well, this was an interesting week for me. I debated back and forth about who I was going to send my second card out too. My original thought was to send it out to Kelly, who I've known for a long time - her family and mine have both attended the same church for practically our whole lives - but I can't say that we are really good friends or anything.

Over the last couple years, I have become good friends with her cousin and through that relationship I've had the opportunity to spend more time with Kelly. She has been a regular sub in our bunco group among other things. Kelly's husband just returned from Iraq and they are now living all the way across the country and I know she hates where they are living currently. They are away from family and friends and I don't think she likes the particular area either.

So... my first thought was to send a little note to Kelly, but then I dismissed it because I didn't think she would be the kind to send on a note to someone else (and we include a blank card for that purpose). I tossed around a few other ideas, but I kept coming back to Kelly - which is actually kind of strange since we're not really close friends or anything.

I finally decided that it didn't matter whether she was going to send a card off to someone else and that shouldn't be part of my decision process in whether I was going to send a card to her or not. What she chooses to do with the other card is completely up to her.

I sent her mom a message on Facebook and asked for her address so the card would be a complete surprise - I'm not really sure what she's going to think of getting a card out of the blue from me, but I feel kind of excited about it.

Here is my note to Kelly:


I was happy with my decision - I'm not sure why I felt so compelled to send this card to her, but I just decided to go with my instinct.

Update:
Sylvia thanked me on Sunday morning for the beautiful note and card that I send her last week. I know she appreciated getting something handwritten.

No comments: