Wednesday, October 13, 2010

October Challenge Day 15-16/ And Catching Up

Ever have those days where you just don't feel like doing much? I had one of those days today. Our house was super cold and I just wanted to stay snuggled on the couch to read until it was time for me to go to work at 3:00.

I turned the pilot light on in our fireplace last week only to discover that our temperature control thingy is not working. So... I have a pilot light, but can't turn the fireplace actually ON. Not a lot of help... I mean... a pilot light put out a little heat... but not much. =)
Anyway... Day 15 of my Challenge was super productive! Yesterday I deep cleaned my downstairs bathroom. Now you have to understand. I hate this bathroom. Don't ask me why... I don't really have a good reason for it. I just don't like it. It's small although it has a sink, toilet and shower stall. No one uses the shower down there, so it ends up storing all my stuff like my mop and toilet cleaning brush behind the shower curtain. Soo... I choose not to use it that much because I don't like it and I choose to not see how dirty it is so I don't have to clean it. =) But yesterday I cleaned all the crap out of the cabinet, deep cleaned the toliet, washed the walls around the toilet, mopped the floor, cleaned the sink, washed off all the knickknacks and washed all the towels and rugs. Whoo hoo! The only think I didn't do was clean the shower stall (which I have no idea how it's so dirty, but it is) and I forgot the "fart fan" as my husband calls it.

I only did a ten-minute workout, but I decided I did a lot of work by scrubbing the bathroom to make up for the rest.

Challenge Day 16 - As I said, today I didn't do much. Basically just maintained what's been done and a couple loads of laundry, but I did get a 20 minute workout in before I went to work, so we'll call it good. =)

Tomorrow I need to tackle the Office/Sewing/Spare Room. Ugh... it'll be a huge job.

No comments: