Friday, February 25, 2011

Chemicals in our Diapers

When I was originally researching cloth diapering, before my son was born, I came across some information about disposible diapers and chemicals. Disposible diapers have chemicals in them - of course that makes sense - but I had never really thought about it before. It's always in the back of my mind now when I use a disposible - that I'm putting yucky chemicals on my baby's sensitive parts!

I always meant to go back and research those chemicals, but I haven't yet. I'm not sure why - maybe because I've already made my decision to use cloth at home, so it wouldn't influence me one way or the other at this point.

BUT, I was excited to see on the Knickernappies blog today that they have have a post on Dioxin - a common chemical found in disposible diapers. It's VERY interesting - if nothing else, I think we should be aware of these things... even if we use them.



KnickerNappies




Like My Blog? Vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs!

No comments: