Friday, March 4, 2011

Book Review: A Hand to Hold

A Hand to Hold (A Hearts of Middlefield Novel)
Book Details:
Title: A Hand to Hold
(Hearts of Middlefield book 3)
Author: Kathleen Fuller

2010, Thomas Nelson
ISBN:978-1-59554-814-6
Genre: Christian Fiction

Book Summary (from the back cover):
The pickup truck that crashed into Ruth Byler's Amish schoolhouse destroyed half her supplies and all her careful planning.

Notoriously unreliable Zachariah Bender drove the offending truck. He's promised to repair the damage, which means he'll be around for weeks. Though Ruth would like to do things herself, she must rely on Zach's help if she wants to realize her dream of teaching the Amish community's children.

Determined to prove o himself and his father that he can change his ways, Zach commits to fixing up the schoolhouse. If only Ruth Byler wasn't forever looking over his shoulder. And challenging his thinking.

They have almost nothing in common, but Ruth and Zach are about to realize how much they need each other. And that God offers plenty of second chances in life if you're willing to open your eyes and hold out your hand.

My Review:
I really enjoyed this whole series. Like the other two books, this one actually had two storylines going at the same time. The one from the back with Ruth Byler and Zach Bender and another one with Deborah (a character from the 2nd book) and Stephen Byler. For the first time, I actually enjoyed both stories about equally. The past two books I actually enjoyed the 2nd storyline more than the primary one, but both of these were very good.

These books are pretty predictable, especially if you read them one after another. I think I didn't notice it as much with the 2nd book because I read a few other books in between the 1st and 2nd. But then I read this one right away. As I said before, the stories and nice, clean and simple. These Amish books always make me think that it would be a nice way to live - simple. Then I remind myself how HARD they work and decide that maybe I'm not cut out for that lifestyle after all. =)

Overall, I really enjoyed this book and the series as a whole. I may check out some other books by this author in the future.




Like My Blog? Vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs!

No comments: