Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Kid-Free Day!

I have an amazing friend. She got her nursing degree and then became a missionary to Africa. She now works at a hospital in Rwanda, Africa, working with the staff there. Amazing.

She has been gone for 4 years and on April 14, she arrived back in Washington for a 1 year furlow. Basically that means, one year in the States to raise additional money for her missionary efforts. (Interested in more info on Julie and her African efforts? Check out her blog here at Julieyrn.org)

I have been good friends with her and her sister since about 3rd grade - we homeschooled together for Art and Science (my mom did art, their mom did science)

Yesterday, I sent the Little Guy off with a babysitter for the day and headed up to Seattle with my friends to do
(I would recommend this tour to
anyone living near or visiting Seattle!
It was very fun!)

1. The Underground
2. Me on the right!
3. Old skylight in the current Seattle sidewalk
4. Some old stuff =)
Next we headed to P.F. Chang's for dinner.
This was a treat for me - I'd heard about it, but never been. Yummy!
I've got some crazy eyes going on in this picture! haha
Anyway... lots of fun. Every mommy needs
some fun girl time - kid-free!

When was the last time you went out for some kid-free time?
Where'd you go and what did you do?


Don't forget to take my reader poll! Thank you!


Like My Blog? Vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs!


No comments: